When looking for a study time snack, don’t settle for carbs, salt and soda fizz. Weather studying for final exams or to training to get a real estate license, it is just as fast and twice as easy to select healthful snack foods to keep our energy up and your brain sharp while studying, The Omega 3 fatty acids are essential fats we need to keep our heart, joints and brains healthy and productive. Harvard’s School of Public Health suggests also adding foods to your diet and especially your snack-study regimen which are highest in that healthy fat, i.e.. vegetable oil, fish, nuts (especially walnuts), flax seeds and finger foods of the green leafy variety. Remember, also, that while Vitamin B-12 builds your brain power, Vitamin E protects it.
- Snack foods wisely chosen will go a long way to spark your mental cognitive abs and also build the ability to recall everything you studied in your cram session. Include foods also that may seem empty of value but filling of stomach, such as flavored popsicles and unsalted air popped popcorn, most raw fruit and good fiber sources.
- A box of the fat free and calorie free dry cereal that has ingredients listed that read like a vitamin and fiber poster is actually very tasty when eaten straight from a dish your studying finger food and gives your digestion an excellent boost as well.
- Avocados can be fork-blended into a quick dip with some fat free sour cream and turn into excellent finger food with slimly sliced carrots, celery or salt free corn chips. Berries are sweet enough to curb the sweet tooth that accompanies our late night study sessions.
A surprising necessity to a study snack should be folic acid, however, which directly lowers levels of homocycsteine and makes a really impressive battle against memory decline. In Australia, a study also found that plenty of foods rich in folic acid were associated with faster information processing and memory recall. After just five weeks of consuming adequate amounts of folic acid, students in the study displayed pronounced memory improvements.
The Top of the Study Brain Food Agenda Should Include:
1. Flavored, tangy but calorie-void popsicles – no real food value but stifles the craving for something sweet and cold;
2. String cheese in the new vivid flavor but free of fat are the newest warfare on the healthful snack food armaments, as they are delicious, fulfill many cravings and don’t bulge the waistline. They also don’t require leaving your study area to grab a few.
3. Air popped pop corn that has no salt or butter fills the stomach and doesn’t cloud the mind.
4. Mix up your own salt free but high energy “trail mix” snack with grains, walnuts, and crushed granola bars, mixed with contents of a box of natural fiber, grain and nuts dry cereal. Eaten as a finger food straight from a bowl, you will study more energetically and have less fatigue.
5. The diet energy bars that are fat and calorie low or free but full of flavor and energy blessed were made for the healthful snack food addict’s cram sessions.
6. Coffee – While coffee itself has been used for decades to prompt studying into the wee hours, the caffeine of the coffee also has a brain power and memory recall service to your brain’s arsenal, exactly the opposite of the lattes and flavored coffee based drinks. The advent of lattes and flavored coffee-based drinks actually are high in cholesterol and some fats, depending upon the flavor of the month. Therefore, coffee gets a resounding A+ but the lattes and other artery endangering cholesterol drinks are gonged out of the contest.
7. Berries, especially blueberries as noted antioxidants, should be on every snack list for healthful standing alone if not for study snacks.